1. Rehabilitation Department (Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy) :
- Electrotherapeutic modalities in assessment and treatment of physical disorders
- Manipulative procedures
- New Scales and measurement in physical therapy
- Physical therapy rehabilitation for chest and cardiac patients
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Physical therapy intervention for ICU patients
- Paediatric rehabilitation
- Stem cell therapy for neurological disorders
- Hand Assessment & function
- Organs transplantation rehabilitation
- Cellular & Molecular biology
- Manual therapy
- Orthotic and prosthesis
- Hydro therapy
- Electro therapy modalities
- Electromagnetic therapy
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
2. Health Communication Department :
- Fitting & evaluation of hearing aids (children & adults)
- Screening for hearing loss in Saudi
- Vestibular rehabilitation in adults
- Evoked potential test
- Mapping of cochlear implants
- Noise induced hearing loss in Saudi
- Monitoring of ototoxicity in children with cancer in Saudi.
- Standardization of hearing screening for preschool children in Saudi.
- Vestibular services in audiology clinics in Saudi.
- Tinnitus assessment and management services in audiology clinics in Saudi.
Speech and Swallowing Program
- prevalence of hyper-functional dysphonia among professional voice users in Riyadh
- standardization of language assessment tests
- normative anisometric data in Saudi.
- speech intelligibility test
- Arabic voice handicapped index
- Prevalence of cleft palate in Saudi.
- prevalence of learning disabilities in Saudi.
- speech language pathology clinic services in Saudi.
- swallowing clinic services in Saudi.
3. Health Department :
Clinical Psychology Program:
Mental and Behavioural Disorders (psychopathology or psychodiagnostics)
- Development, validity, and use of techniques of diagnosis of disorder’s behaviour
- Personality psychology and psychopathology
- Substance abuse and dependency
- Prevalence of mental disorders
- Studies of populations that have clinical interest, including but not limited to medical patients, ethnic minorities, persons with serious mental illness, and community samples.
- Clinical issues that may be encountered by psychotherapists
- Development, validity, and use of techniques of treatment
- Methodologically sound case studies pertinent to the preceding topics; including psychological assessment and treatment matching, psychometric properties, clinical outcomes, critical analyses and meta-analyses of treatment approaches on topics of broad theoretical, methodological, or practical interest to the field of clinical psychology.
Clinical Health Psychology
- Cultural and translation research considerations in behavioral medicine and clinical health psychology,
- Studies of psychosocial aspects of health behaviours e.g., smoking cessation; obesity; exercise; immune function; heart disease; hypertension; cancer; diabetes; headache; chronic pain; emotional disorders; and somatoform disorders.
- Neural correlates of various psychiatric and neurological disorders and their symptoms.
- systematic and quantitative meta-analysis approaches to develop frameworks for cognitive neuropsychiatry.
Clinical Nutrition Program
Clinical/ Therapeutic Nutrition
- Investigation of the relationships between dietary factors and the most common nutritionally related diseases
- Investigations of the role of nutrition in the treatment and management of the inherited metabolic disorders.
- Investigations on the role of lifestyle factors in the causation and the prevention of non-communicable diseases .
- Development of novel nutritional therapies for the treatment of nutritionally related diseases.
- The effectiveness of nutrition support in critically ill patients in national and private hospitals
Public Health Nutrition
- Prevalence studies
- Retrospective database studies
- The health implications of food safety and food quality
- Studies of the dietary habits and consumption patterns of different communities and population groups and their impact on nutritional health
- Nutrition education
- Health promotion
- Training programs for school teachers and nurses
- Experimental studies based on the measurement of biochemical parameters
- Supplementation studies and studies investigating the efficacy, dosages of both macro- and micronutrients in relation to some disease states
- The synergistic effects of various nutrients
- The role of trace-elements, antioxidants, flavonoids, sterols and functional food in health and disease
- Innovative investigations into epigenetic, genomic, proteomic and metabolomics factors of nutritionally related effects
- Generate genomic and metabolomics profiles and databases
Health education across life span:
- Mental Health
- Maternal health
- Child health
- Adolescents health
- Health of elderly
Health care system and policies
- Health care ethics
- Healthcare Reform
- Outcomes, Quality, and Measurement
- Determinants of health
- Cancer epidemiology
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Obesity epidemiology
- Diabetes epidemiology
- Disease informatics
- Epidemiological methods