Admission Requirements for Scholarships:
Admission requirements applied to female Saudi students in higher education institutions in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia shall be applied to internal and external scholarship female students:
· Female applicant shall be (17) years old at least and (25) years old at most for undergraduate and diploma phases.
· Female applicant shall have GCSE or the equivalent thereof.
· Non-receipt of another scholarship from any educational institutions located at KSA by the applicant.
· At time of applying, general secondary education phase graduation date shall not exceed 5 years.
· Female applicant shall pass the medical examination as established by laws and instructions. Further, female applicant shall be medically fit.
· Female applicant shall not be academically dismissed from any educational institutions in KSA.
In addition to the above requirements, regrading internal scholarships admission, the following shall be required:
1. Female applicant shall have a valid legal residence.
2. Female applicant shall pass general aptitude and attainment tests prepared by National Center for Measurement and Evaluation.
3. Female student shall pay tuition fees upon receipt of final admission, as per following instructions:
· An amount of (14,000) SAR per year being (7,000) SAR per semester for humanitarian disciplines shall be collected.
· An amount of (18000) SAR per year being (9000) SAR per semester for scientific disciplines shall be collected.
· An amount of (10000) SAR per year being (5000) SAR per semester for scientific discipline diploma shall be collected.
· An amount of (8000) SAR per year being (4000) SAR per semester for literary discipline diploma shall be collected.
· Internal scholarship female student shall be exempted from tuition fees upon passing first academic year with a cumulative grade of (4.75) out of (5) at least for only one semester, and such female student shall pay tuition fees in the event that she does not score the grade required for exemption.
· Female student shall be entitled to recover the paid amount in the event that such female student wishes to withdraw as per date of withdrawal, provided that such date shall not exceed three weeks as from study commencement date.
· Female student shall not be entitled to recover the said amount in the event of postponement of semester after one month as from semester commencement.
· Female student shall not pay tuition fees for postponed semester, provided that no financial dues shall be payable thereby to PNU.
· PNU shall be entitled to suspend student's schedule and withhold result thereof in the event of failure of payment of due installments thereby without prior notice.
· PNU shall be notified in the event that female student does not want to complete studying therein.
Documents required for applying for studying in internal scholarship system:
1. GCSE, and in the event that female applicant has obtained GCSE from outside KSA, such certificate shall be equalized by the Equivalency Committee in Ministry of Education.
2. Female applicant's valid residence.
3. Female applicant guardian's valid residence.
4. Applicant's valid passport.
5. A copy of naturalization document issued by Ministry of Interior for female applicant of Immigrant tribes.
*The necessity to bring all the original documents stated above.
Procedures for application for an (external or internal) scholarship at PNU:
1-Application shall be available within specified dates to be announced on Deanship of Admission and Registration page on PNU website.
2-Application shall be made via an electronic link to be included in the announcement within term specified for application.
3-Required documents shall be uploaded and submitted via designated link in PDF or JPEG format.
4-Upon completion of application, female applicant shall be granted application number enabling female applicant to log therein for follow up, amendment, and know status thereof.
5-Upon closing application link, Scholarships Department shall complete admission procedures according to Ministry of Education instructions and refer thereto accordingly. Students, who are finally admitted shall be notified upon receipt of their admission instructions from Ministry of Education via e-mail and phone calls.
PNU Admission Criteria:
- Application shall be made for majors available in year of admission except for all departments of health colleges pursuant to all stated in Council of Ministers' Resolution No. (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G regulating controls of non-Saudi scholarship students admission in higher education institutions in KSA.
- Non-Arabic speaking scholarship female student shall be admitted to Arabic language diploma program for non-Arabic speakers, and when such female student wishes to complete university phase, requirements of scholarship upgrade from diploma scholarship to Bachelor's degree scholarship shall be fulfilled.
- Admission to PNU for female applicants for internal scholarships in bachelor programs shall depend on combined ratio criteria: Total marks (secondary + aptitude + attainment).
|Scientific Colleges||(30%) Secondary+ (50%) aptitude +(20%) attainment |
|Literary Colleges ||(50%) Secondary+ (40%) aptitude +(10%) attainment |
scholarships terminaiton controls:
As per stipulated in non-Saudis admission and care control in higher education institutions in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia regulation by virtue of Council of Ministers' Resolution No. (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G :
- The external scholarship female student must leave the kingdom after completing her studies, within a period of three months from the end of finishing her scholarship. The university must inform the passport general department of completing the original period of her scholarship.
- When she finishes the original course she is not allowed to extend more than half of the period.
General Provisions & Notes:
· Study system at PNU is in Arabic language.
· Any application that does not meet the required conditions and documents shall be excluded.
· Submission of several applications for admission by female applicant during same term shall result in cancelation of all applications submitted thereby.
· Application for admission at PNU and approval thereon electronically shall not mean final admission, as admitted female student shall be notified thereof.
· Female applicant shall undertake validity of all data and documents entered into application thereof. In the event of proofing otherwise, PNU shall have the right to exclude such application.
· As per stipulated in non-Saudis admission and care control in higher education institutions in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia regulation by virtue of Council of Ministers' Resolution No. (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G,
- Scholarship female student shall be subject to residence law in KSA.
- External scholarship female student shall be registered in PNU's record during scholarship, and PNU shall be responsible for such female student during residence thereof.
- Scholarship female student shall not be entitled to transfer from PNU to another university, and PNU shall have the right to exclude cases deemed appropriate thereby.
- PNU shall inform relevant official authorities in KSA of scholarship female students whose deferment, postponement or withdrawal has been accepted as well as scholarship female students who have dropped out of school for any reason, to take required actions.
- External scholarship female student shall be prohibited from working for companies, establishments or individuals while studying.
To be announced on PNU website.