Protection of Students' Rights Unit
This Unit aims to educate students about their duties and rights and protect them in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University.
● Educate the students of Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University and all members of the educational and administrative staff of the rights and duties of University students.
● Offer the essential legal consultations for the students and inform them about their University rights.
● Inform the students on how to obtain their rights through approaching the official bodies within the University, in accordance with the rules and powers in force in the University and committees.
● Encourage the rights of students based on criteria that are in line with the approved rules and regulations and in a manner that does not contradict with them.
● Raise awareness of the culture of justice and fairness among students and University staff.
Functions of the Unit:
● Organizational direction of the work of subcommittees in colleges and institutes and to recommend and make decisions governing the work of those departments.
● Investigate and study the complaints received by the President of the University for the private, confidential and exceptional conditions they may contain.
● Settle and resolve the complaints received by subcommittees in colleges and institutes.
● Look into certain matters and issues received by the Committee, or by the President or Vice-Rector for Academic Support and Student Services.
The Unit consists of a permanent committee to resolve arguments and complaints of students, and sub-committees in each college or institute of the University.
Functions of Sub-Committees:
● Offer legal counseling for students and raise their awareness of their University rights and duties.
● Receive complaints from students regarding academic and non-academic problems that a student might face during her study at the University.
● Investigate and study the received complaints and make reasonable efforts to reach rational settlements. In the case of a settlement, a memorandum of opinion shall be made and approved by the Chairperson of the Standing Committee. However, if this settlement was a failure, the Sub-Committee shall consider and verify the complaints submitted after hearing the concerned persons and prepare a memorandum of legal opinion.
Mechanism of Complaint Submission to Sub-Committees:
The complaint form should be filled, (click here)
at the headquarters of the Sub-Committee, provided that the form is accurately filled, another form that requires the students signature should also be filled. (click here)
● The student must write down her complaint in a precise and detailed manner and attach all documents and evidence supporting her claim. The unit must provide the student with a receipt indicating that she submitted her complaint.
● The Committee has the right to request the member against which the complaint is made to respond in writing within five days from the date of notifying the direct chairperson of the employee against which the complaint is made without being obliged to appear before the Committee. Acceptance of the respondent is considered an acknowledgment of what is contained in the complaint.
● The student shall not file a complaint or grievance after (30) days from the date of the original occurrence of the incident in question, and the student may not file a complaint for the same incident more than once or to more than one body at the University.
If you have any inquiries about the Protection of Students' Rights unit, please contact us via Email: DSA_USR@PNU.EDU.SA.