It is an official document approved by the University, which monitors the life skills (personal and professional) acquired by the student during her academic study at the University.
The body responsible for execution of Skills Register:
· Deanship of Students’ Affairs, represented by Vice-Rectorate of Students’ Activities.
· Vice-Rectorates of Students’ Affairs in colleges.
Objectives of Skills Register:
1. Document the skills acquired by the student during university life.
2. Motivate the student to develop her skills and enrich her resume.
3. Document participation of the student in training courses and workshops that develop personal and professional skills acquired during the period of study at the University.
4. Promote the outputs of the University by assisting student in developing the skills needed by labor market.
5. Enhance high employment rate of graduates.
Controls of obtaining Skills Register:
· The student should be registered on regular basis at Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University.
· The certificate or document held by the student during her period of study at the University shall be approved and sealed by the body that organized such activity, and the competent authority in the University should verify its authenticity.
Contents of Skills Register:
Training courses and workshops attended by the student inside the university or from certified bodies outside the university in the following areas:
· Self-development and personality building.
· Vocational qualification courses.
· Specialized professional training courses.
· Leadership skills.
· Awards and patents obtained by the student.
· Participation in student employment.
· Participation in voluntary work and community service within the university or with external trusted and specialized bodies, training courses and other skills.
Fields of Certificates and skills documents in Skills Register and the relative conditions:
· Self-development and personality building: (Not to be less than 20 hrs.).
· Computer: (Not to be less than 15 hrs.).
· Vocational qualification courses: (Not to be less than 15 hrs.).
· Specialized professional training courses: (Not to be less than 12 hrs.).
· Voluntary works: (Not to be less than 50 hrs.).
· Leadership skills: the student shall assume any of the following positions:
o Member or president of Student Advisory Council.
o President of a student club/association.
o Membership of students Funds board.
· Awards and patents obtained by the student: the student should have received one or more awards at (local, regional, and international) levels in the following fields:
o Various student activities competition.
o Research and scientific innovations.
o Entrepreneurship projects.
o Voluntary work and community service.
o Participation in student employment.
o Training courses and other skills.
Should you have an inquiry regarding Skills Register, kindly contact us via email: DSA_ASA@PNU.EDU.SA