The department of Arabic Language is a crucial and vital entity of the College of Arts departments in Princess Nourah Bint Abdul Rahman University. Its distinction lies in the fact that it preserves the essence of Arabic language, its literature and grammar as the means of communication in our community, and the means of expression in the different fields of science, culture, arts and literature.
The department of Arabic Language was first established in the College of Education, in 1390H, followed by the College of Arts in 1400H, and lastly, in 1410H, in the College of Teachers. In 1427H, all these departments were integrated into one in the College of Arts in Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University.
The College of Arts is not only one of the pioneering educational institutes in educating women, but it is also one of the distinct colleges in constant development of study plans, infrastructure, and quality criteria to ensure its students gain a competitive edge in the labor market.
Graduates' career opportunities include the following:
- Language proofreader.
- A lecturer in one of the Arabic language departments.
- An Arabic Language Instructor, after obtaining the educational certificate.
- Administrative work in both private and public sectors.
- Language editor for publications.
- Language editor for programs.
- News broadcaster.
- Language editor for news channels.
- Language proofreader for news channels.
- Journalistic researcher and proofreader.