Starting from the message of the Community Service Unit in the college, which stipulates the promotion of preventive health from diseases and their complications and activating the social partnership to advance health in Saudi society, in line with the National Transformation Program 2030 and the vision and mission of the College of Medicine and in line with the main goals to advance the spread of health awareness and behaviors that promote health for problems of importance to the Saudi society, knowing that many of these problems affect a very important group, which is the building block of society and is the child in the pre-university education stages, which we must prepare not only scientifically, but health, so as to be aware of matters of disease prevention.
The role of the College of Medicine is motivated by the community service unit towards this group, especially with the presence of qualified faculty members and a high degree of knowledge and giving, as well as our enthusiastic female students to serve the community.
First: The role of the college and the community service unit:
The following shall be done with the assistance of faculty and students:
· Specifying days to provide educational lectures on an important topic concerning the health of
students: three events for each semester
· The meeting is a lecture followed by discussion and competitions
· Coordination and preparation for an annual awareness exhibition at the end of each year conducted by students under the supervision of female teachers and those who are prepared and monitored by the Community Service Unit in the college, so that every year a topic of interest to students and society is identified. The topic of this year's exhibition is "Quality of Life"
· Female volunteers from the college provide the school with documented educational materials
Second: The role of schools
· Fixing an appropriate date and place during the school year
· Inviting students to participate actively by holding an annual awareness exhibition
These include launching a societal cultural art project, inviting female students, and using experts from the College of Designs, Arts and Letters to evaluate the work of female students in addition to evaluating the scientific content by unit members. The theme of this year's exhibition is “Quality of Life".
Third: The role of the Deanship of Community Service
· Submit the required budget
· Providing transportation
Fourth: The role of the unit
· Preparation and coordination of events
· Preparing the necessary reports to evaluate the initiative
· Preparing the budget and monitoring the needs
· Defining the scientific plan and inviting the members of the educational body to participate
Suggested topics (varies by age group)
1) Women's Health 1 and 2
2) Breast cancer
4) Smoking - drugs and drugs
5) Cardiac arrest
6) Colon cancer
7) Sleep disorders and quality of life
9) Vitamin D.
10) An awareness campaign about the harm of contact lenses
For more information click here