The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in line with the Saudi vision 2030 in order to increase women’s participation in the working class, especially in the engineering and related sectors. The department aspires to be a model emulated in qualifying female engineers nationally and internationally. The department offers two programs: Electronics Engineering and Communications Engineering.
Local, regional and international excellence and leadership in the different fields covered under Electrical Engineering.
The department of Electrical Engineering at PNU is obliged to prepare and qualify engineers at the highest level of competence to be able to compete nationally and internationally by providing an integrated academic environment that aims to develop students’ knowledge and skills and supports innovation and scientific research to contribute in achieving the national development goals.
The Electrical Engineering Department aims to:
• Qualify graduates to obtain engineering jobs in both private and public sectors.
• Qualify graduates to develop their career paths through self-learning and scientific research.
• Improve graduates' leadership skills to be capable of occupying leadership positions.
• Improve graduates' problem-solving skills and their abilities to define project requirements to find the right solutions.
• Improve graduates' teamwork skills to work effectively within a team to accomplish common goals.
• Enhance graduates' understanding and awareness of professionalism in the workplace as well as their legal, ethical and social responsibilities.
• Enhance students' awareness of the importance of continuing professional development.
The department offers two programs:
- • Communications Engineering program.
- • Electronics Engineering program.
Academic Degrees Conferred by the Department
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Electronics Engineering.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Communications Engineering.
Study System of Communications Engineering Program
Every student majoring in Electrical Engineering - Communications Engineering program must complete 162 credit hours distributed over 10 semesters and one practical summer training.
Study System of Electronics Engineering Program
Every student majoring in Electrical Engineering - Electronics Engineering program must complete 162 credit hours distributed over 10 semesters and one practical summer training.
Lectures - Hands on Labs - Projects - Case Studies - Research Activities - Small and Large group discussions.
Head of Electrical Engineering Department
Dr. Samia Rabah Larguech