Engineering College's Foundation Year Program is the Engineering College's first-year program, aimed at preparing student after the secondary education and paving the way for university stage, whereas student shall study, during the foundation year, 31 units, divided into two (2) levels. The courses of each level shall be offered once per annum. Through studying the courses of foundation year, the students can refine their skills in certain basic sciences, such as: mathematics, physics and English language. After completing the foundation year successfully, the student becomes capable of choosing the suitable major, according to the controls identified and announced at the page of Deanship of Admission and Registration. The student is responsible for recognizing and abiding by Engineering College's study and testing systems, organizing regulations and executive rules. The student can refer to her academic counselor, if needed.
|Level 1 |
| ||Course Title ||Course Code ||Contact Hours. ||Approved Units ||Course Type ||Prerequisite |
|1||English Language (1)||ENG 101-1||-||15||3||University - Compulsory||-|
|2||Calculus (1)||MATH 101T||2||2||3||College - Compulsory||-|
|3||General Physics for Engineering (1)||PHYS 102||2||3||4||College - Compulsory||-|
|4||Programming language (1)||CS110T||2||3||4||College - Compulsory||-|
|5||Arabic Composition||ARAB 101||-||2||2||University - Compulsory||-|
| Total Approved Units ||16 Units|
|Level 2 |
| ||Course Title ||Course Code ||Contact Hours ||Approved Units ||Course Type ||Prerequisite |
|1||English Language (2)||ENG 102||15||-||3||College - Compulsory||ENG 101-1|
|2||General Physics for Engineering (2)||PHYS 103||3||2||4||College - Compulsory||PHYS 102|
|3||Calculus (11)||MATH 103T||3||2||4||College - Compulsory||MATH 101T|
|4||General Chemistry for Engineering ||CHEM 103||3||2||4||College - Compulsory||-|
|Total Approved Units ||15 Units |
Study System at the Foundation Year:
- - At the first year of Engineering College, the system of full academic year - divided into two levels - is followed.
- - The identified period for passing the foundation year is four (4) semesters only at maximum as of date on which, student is accepted at the College. Excuse semesters shall, if any, be calculated within said period.
- - In case the student fails in a course of foundation year's program, that course shall be re-studied during the semester at the relevant semester or summer semester, according to the foundation year's study plan, within a period not exceeding the identified term of foundation year.
Executive rules of attendance and excuse for study within the foundation year:
- - Attendance at the foundation year shall agree with Articles Nos. (9, 10, 11 & 12) of study and testing regulations at university stage, as well as the executive rules in force at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University.
- - Excuse at the foundation year shall be subject to Article No. (13) of study and testing regulations at university stage, as well as the executive rules in force at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University.
According to the following controls:
A. Student has no right in excusing for any semester at the foundation year, unless the College accepts her excuse.
B. Student is not permitted to withdraw or excuse for any course at the foundation year.
C. In case the excuse is accepted, the excuse period shall be calculated as part of the identified term for foundation year, which is four (4) semesters.
D. The student bears any semester excuse's consequences as regards the delayed introduction of courses per annum.
E. The student, not completing all courses of foundation year during the first year, has the right in studying additional courses as per the requirements of University and College - if possible - provided that their results shall not be considered when calculating major rate, and also on the condition of not overpassing the foundation year's identified period.
Executive rules of postponement and interruption within the foundation year:
- Postponement at the foundation year shall be subject to Article No. (14) of study and testing regulations at university stage, as well as the executive rules in force at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University.
According to the following controls:
- Student has no right in postponing any semester at the foundation year, unless the College accepts her compelling excuse.
- - The student bears any semester postponement's consequences as regards the delayed introduction of courses per annum.
- - Interrupted student shall be subject to Article No. (15) of study and testing regulations at university stage, as well as the executive rules in force at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University.
Major after the foundation year for the departments of Engineering College:
After student successfully completes all courses of foundation year without overpassing the identified period of academic year at Engineering College, the major requests shall be considered by the Deanship of Admission and Registration, as per the mechanism and schedules announced on the Deanship web page. For further information, please visit the page of Deanship of Admission and Registration on the University Website Click Here
|Avenue||Vice-Rectorate for Educational Affairs - Unit of Shared Courses and Foundation Year|
|Metro Station No.||A7|
|Tel. ( *****- 82)||37537 - 38242|