Assessment System and GPA Calculation
· The students are assessed by evaluating their attendance of lectures and exams, and their research achievements, presentations and other activities that reflect their performance during the semester.
· The students' grades are monitored in their academic record and it also includes all courses of each semester with its symbols, numbers, the number of credit hours, and the obtained grades with their symbols, values, quarterly rate, cumulative average, and overall estimate. The grades obtained by the student in each course shall be calculated as out of 5 points to be as follows:
(out of 5)
|100 – 95||5.0||Exceptional||A+|
|90 to less than 95||4.75||Excellent||A|
|85 to less than 90||4.5||Superior||B+|
|80 to less than 85||4.0||Very good ||B|
|75 to less than 80||3.5||Above Average||C+|
|70 to less than 75||3.0||Good ||C|
|65 to less than 70||2.5||Pass-High||D+|
|60 to less than 65||2.0||Pass||D|
|Less than 60||1.0||Fail ||F|
| || ||Uncompleted||IP|
| || ||Continuous||IC|
| || ||Withdraw with excuse||W|
| || ||Denied||DN|
- (Excellent)= if the GPA is not less than 4.50 of 5.00.
(Very good)= if the GPA is from 3.75 to less than 4.50 of 5.00
- (Good)= If the GPA is from 2.75 to less than 3.75 of 5.00.
(Acceptable)= If the GPA is from 2.00 to less than 2.75 of 5.00.
- The quarterly or cumulative average can be calculated as follows:
Average = Total Score ÷ Total Units (Credit Hours).
Grade points for each course = number of units x weight of grade
|Course Name||Unit No.||Percentage||Value|
(out of 5)
General Biology for health specialties
|Total||5|| || || ||18|