The structure of the Foundation Year Program
According to the program, the following courses are taught and each contains 31 unite:
· English for health specialties (Listening, Speaking, Writing, Reading).
· Mathematics for health specialties (Basic Algebraic Operations, Linear Equations, Functions and applications).
· General Physics for health specialties (Mechanics, Fluids, Waves, Radioactivity).
· Medical Terminology (Building Medical terms, Systems: Bones, Joints, Muscles & Locomotive, Joints).
· General Biology for health specialties (panoramic view of the cell, the cell cycle, Mendel and the Gene idea).
· Introduction to Health Professions (Emergency, Introduction to different health careers, emergency service).
· Human Biology for health specialties (molecules and equations, chemical bonding, states of matter).
· Introduction to Statistics (introduction to Statistics, measures of central tendency, simple linear regression and correlation, probability, binomial distribution …….).
· Islamic Studies (1+2).
· Writing editing.
Note that all courses are tough in English except for the Islamic and Arabic studies. Also, each course has a file distributed to the registered students at the beginning of the semester and it includes the following elements:
· No. and course code, course name, teaching and credit hours, and course description.
· Name of course teacher, office location and office hours scheduled for consultation.
· The main subjects of each course and how they are distributed over the academic weeks.
· Teaching and learning methods.
· Exam dates, short quizzes, research papers, assignment, etc., showing the percentage assigned to each from the overall assessment.
· Textbook titles and additional references.