Dental graduated student from Bachelor of Dental Surgery Degree (BDS) must undertake a twelve-month internship training program. Upon successful completion of the program requirements, the candidate will receive an internship training certificate issued and sealed by the College of Dentistry, PNU.
Internship training program is an essential requirement for full registration as a dental practitioner by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties.
Program is to facilitate the transition of a closely supervised undergraduate student to be an independent dental practitioner responsible for her own professional audit. In addition, it exposes interns to different specialties in dentistry that may help her identify her particular area of interest in dentistry and to supply her with adequate information related to various career options.
The main goal for internship program is to allow dental graduates to consolidate and apply clinical knowledge and skills while taking increasing responsibility for the provision of safe, high quality patient care under appropriate guidance.
Duration of the program:
The internship training program at PNU-CD is 12 calendar months, it contains 3 rotations in different training centers each rotation is 4 months, and one of them should be in PNU-CD Clinics.
- The internship training program is consist of the following:
I. Clinical training
II. Didactic activities
III. Community project
IV. Research project
Outside PNU Dental College:
To enroll in the Dental Internship Training Program, candidate should fulfill the following requirements to be eligible for such training:
1. The candidate must be a graduate with a Bachelor of Dental Science Degree from a recognized dental school of the Ministry of Higher Education.
2. The candidate must submit a CV, Transcript of Record and Medical Report.
3. The candidate should be interviewed before starting the program by members of the dental internship training program committee.
4. The candidate must be assessed in different specialty by a/the member/s of each department of the College to assess her knowledge and skills and should pass.
5. The candidate should have BLS Certificate.
6. Availability of the position.
Prince Sultan Military Medical City
King Saud University
Dr. Sulaiman Al-Habib Medical Group
Security Forces Hospital
King Fahad Medical City