Higher Diploma in E-Learning Program
In 2017, the College of Education, represented by the Department of Educational Technology, launched its Higher Diploma in E-Learning Program, with the welcoming of its first cohort of 23 female students. The program is considered the first of its kind to award a higher diploma in e-learning among Arab universities, thus achieving a competitive advantage for the college and university. This higher diploma was offered and delivered in line with the Saudi Vision 2030, which calls for the need to create consistency between the technical applied methodology and the sciences as one of the most important means of cultural, social, economic and health development; and to contribute to the global cultural progress. This program also aims to advance our educational system by expanding e-learning opportunities in line with Vision 2030 and the National Transformation Program 2020 objectives, which focuses on staying abreast of developments in the field and preparing qualified practitioners and educators, especially in the field of e-learning and teaching.
The primary aim of this program is to develop educational technologist, instructional designers, and teachers that combine the educational qualifications and quality hands-on experiences that enable them to effectively solve problems and apply innovative e-learning applications and practices to create more interactive e-learning courses and learning activities.
- A total of 27 students (2 cohorts) have graduated from the program so far.
- The program prepares students for careers as instructional designers or e-training coordinators, with some students having already obtained jobs in these two fields after their graduation.
- A group of diploma students won first place in the Robotics Hackathon held among Saudi universities and hosted by the Deanship of Skills Development at Princess Nourah bint AbdulRahman University in 2018.
- A number of program graduates competed for jobs in the National Center for E-Learning.
Admission and Transfer
Those who meet the admission requirements as stated in the unified regulations for postgraduate studies in Saudi universities are accepted into this program, in addition to the following conditions:
- A minimum X.00 GPA on a 5.00 scale in baccalaureate study
- In the case that applicant is employed during the program, an approval of the applicant's place of work is required.