The Department of Psychology was one of the minors with other disciplines such pedagogy, curriculum and teaching methods and other disciplines all of which were under the umbrella of the Department of Education and Psychology.
In alignment with the development that Princess Nourah bint Andulrahman University is witnessing in accordance with a clear vision to achieve its mission in serving the nation, its institutions and its individuals, an approval was issued on 12/27/1428 AH by the Higher Education Council to establish the Psychology Department at the university to be a one of the psychology departments in Saudi universities that seek to serve society, fill the shortage of qualified and specialized human resources in the field of psychology, and develop scientific research in this field.
The Department of Psychology represents the main channel for covering psychology courses in all colleges of the university, and the members of this department make several contributions to academic aspects and community service, such as training courses and workshops, participation in scientific conferences and seminars, in addition to their research publication.
The Department graduate Characteristics:
● Knowledge of concepts, principles and psychological theories to understand human behavior
● Competence in measurement skills and psychological diagnosis
● Ability to use psychological tools and interpret their results
● Applying and evaluating psychological programs and interventions
● Mastery of the skill of solving psychological problems
● Using scientific methods and appropriate mathematical and statistical methods in analyzing and solving problems
● Commitment to Islamic and citizenship values
● Effective communication (verbal and non-verbal) and willingness to work in a team, with responsibility in the professional field
● Competence in use of technology and information