College of Nursing Research Center:
Overview: The Center's Establishment:
The College of Nursing Research Center established by the Rector’s
Decision No. 45995 on 11/6/1439 AH, and work has been done on it since its
The College of Nursing Research Center envisions to be the catalyst for excellence in scientific research and development in nursing and health disciplines.
Empowering people, transcending disciplines, and promoting collaboration and strategic partnership to generate, apply, and disseminate research findings that are responsive to the health needs of the community
Excellence, creativity and initiative, diversity, sustainable
- Highlighting the distinguished role and contributions of women through scientific research in the fields of nursing and health sciences.
- Creating a unique competitive research culture in the College of Nursing.
- Promoting quality and excellence in research and scientific activities in line with the university's strategic plan.
- Attracting distinguished scientific and technological experts locally and internationally through joint research and various research fora .
Promoting applied research to support evidence-based nursing practices.-
-Forming research teams between and among the departments of the Faculty of Nursing and the various programs of health sciences to contribute to development of research to be responsive to the health needs of the community and the Saudi Vision 2030.
- Supporting the dissemination and utilization of scientific research in local and international settings through scientific conferences and programs.
Training and Development Committee
Dr. Wafaa Almegewly
Dr. Nadia Baghdadi
Our aim is to provide guidance and training assistance to students and members of the faculty to carry out scientific and ethical research
we are seeking to provide research related consultation and training sessions to nursing students and members of the faculty on their activities that include formulating research question, establishing designs and methodologies, discussing results, and disseminating results through presentations in different fora and possible publication.
Assistance with research planning
- Run different research training courses/ seminars either onsite at PNU or web-based in collaboration with the Health Sciences Research Centre, King Abdullah bin Abdul-Aziz University Hospital, Dublin City University, and other linkages.
- Support students or members of the faculty who are considering and applying for either funding or IRB approval
- facilitate integrating research outcomes and activities into nursing undergraduate program, clinical areas, and community settings.
Assistance with research implementation
- Guidance on policies and procedures concerning ethical/ cultural/ governmental/ academic aspects
- Referrals to tutoring resources and support services throughout research process.
linkage/network/collaborations with research group or scholars or institutions to strengthen research capabilities of the College and to advance research projects and activities to national and international levels
Research committee for Grants and Funding
Dr. Wireen Leila T. Dator
Ms. Amirah Alonezi
• Identifies funding and grant institutions from local, national, and international 0settings
• Provides orientation on priorities, requirements, processes, and deadlines for submission of project proposals
• Reviews and facilitates submission of proposals to grant and funding agencies
• Establishes collaboration and partnership with various funding agencies
• Monitors funded projects in the College
RESEARCH CENTER ACTIVITIES AY 2020-2021: press here
website with DCU: https://www.informaticsinehealth.com