The Vice-Deanship of Academic Affairs at the College of Pharmacy has an important role in achieving the vision and mission of the college, as it is concerned with developing educational programs in accordance with the highest scientific and professional standards, following up the progress of the educational process and supervising tasks related to educational affairs in terms of applying regulations and quality system within the college for continuous development in education and achieving excellence in teaching and learning.
The Vice Deanship of Academic Affairs includes four administrations: The Educational Affairs Administration, the Quality of Teaching and Learning Administration, the E-Learning Administration, and the Laboratories and Learning Resources Administration. Tasks:
1) Development of academic programs and assessment of learning outcomes.
2) Supervise the quality of education and maintaining quality and academic accreditation standards.
3) Ensure the implementation of the executive regulations and rules of the university.
4) Supervise the academic affairs administrations and submit their progress reports.
5) Supervise the Academic Affairs committees and submits their reports, such as the Equalization, Excuses and underachieving students Committees.
The Educational Affairs Administration
The Educational Affairs Administration is concerned with the organization and follow-up of the educational process in order to maintain an appropriate educational environment. The Educational Affairs administration prepares the study and exams schedules and follows up the students’ progress. It also manages the academic advising process and follows up the registration and academic development of students.
Quality of Teaching and Learning Administration
| 01182 (39677) - 01182 (39389)
Quality of Teaching and Learning Administration (QTLA) is one of the administrations under the College's Vice-Deanship for Academic Affairs. The administration works to ensure quality in all college programs in order to achieve the vision and mission of the college.
QTLA is concerned with spreading the culture of quality, evaluating the level of performance, working on implementation of the quality and academic accreditation criteria, and contributing to the continuous development plans in the college. The administration seeks to ensure the quality of educational practices in the college, prepares annual reports and analyzing information for continuous program improvement.
E-Learning administration at college of pharmacy organizes the communications between E-Learning department at the university and the college of pharmacy students and faculty members. E-Learning administration works with the university’s E-Learning department to accomplish the following tasks related to the Learning Management System (Blackboard)
1) Introduce the college’s students and faculty members to the Learning Management System (Blackboard).
2) Ensure that courses in blackboard are ready at the beginning of each semester.
3) Ensure activation of electronic courses.
4) Provides the needed support to students and faculty members.
5) Organizes the electronic training courses and the electronic tests on blackboard.
Laboratories and Learning Resources Administration
Laboratories and Learning Resources Administration is one of the administrations under the College's Vice-Deanship for Academic Affairs; which aims to develop the educational process using the best pharmacy education strategies, and applies the best practices using simulation, electronic programs and updated learning resources and databases to develop distinguished pharmacist who can lead the profession and improve the health of the community.
The administration includes the college library and nine laboratories:
1) Simulations labs:
These labs provide high-quality educational environment to the students to improve their pharmaceutical and clinical skills, the simulation labs include:
1- In- and out-patient pharmacies which designed to simulate the real inpatient and out-patient pharmacies in the hospitals where the students learn how to prepare different drug formulations, dispense medications and council the patients.
2- Community pharmacy which allows the students to play their role as a community pharmacist by preparing the medication prescription and practice patient counseling.
3- Simulation lab contained manikins and other simulated devices such as BP monitor to train the students to develop the required physical examination and solve patient cases.
2) Research labs:
Research has always been the strength of the academic organization. In the College of Pharmacy, our mission is focused on facilitating and activating creative research for faculty and students to achieve better health care for our society in alignment with the objectives of scientific research at Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University through:
1- Pharmaceutical Lab:
This lab is used to formulate different pharmaceutical dosage forms and drug delivery systems. As well as physicochemical characterization of different pharmaceutical drug products. Studying drug release, stability studies, bioavailability, and bioequivalence studies.
2- Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery Lab:
The lab used to synthesize new molecules with promising medical benefits, apply technical methods for identification and characterization of different products either natural or synthetic by using analytical techniques for evaluation and assay of raw materials, pharmaceutical formulas, or natural products.
3) Computer labs:
Include number of scientific programs and websites to assist the college faculty and students to search for any drug-related quires or problems in a valid and reliable resources.
1- Drug information lab designed to simulate the drug information centers located in the hospital and research centers. It aims to prepare pharmacy students for their role as drug experts to respond to any medication-related information by responding to real-life cases (e.g. drug interaction, side effects, and special population drug information).
2- Computer lab which includes more than 20 computers that contain a number of educational simulation and statistical programs.
1) Organization and utilization of the college's laboratories.
2) Regularly updates the laboratories needs and requirements.
3) Supervise the laboratories projects.
4) Managing laboratories stores inventory and supply chain management.
5) Providing different reliable resources of books, databases and programs to meet the educational needs.
6) Cooperating with the university administration and King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz University Hospital to provide medications, chemicals and laboratories equipment.
7) Applying lab safety measures.
8) Preparing monthly and annual reports of the administration.
|01182 (39683) - 01182 (39292)