About Research Informatics Office
The Research Informatics Office (RIO) exists to provide core research support which include:
• Provide state-of-the-art solutions for working with research data at all stages, including acquisition, storage, analysis, presentation, and sharing.
• Develop, use, and evaluate standards, models, processes, and systems to conduct research.
• Collaborate closely with researchers throughout the lifecycle of projects, providing assistance across a large collection of software packages and frameworks that are peculiar to research organizations specifically.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operational information technology health of the research center, provide and maintain the hardware, software, network, and telecommunications ecosystems required to support all research center staff members.
The Research Informatics Office staff are multi-disciplinary technical experts, having the ability to tackle challenges in a wide spectrum of information technology subfields. We support researchers internal to the HSRC and may extend to support researchers throughout the Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University and King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz University Hospital. Our services are:-
• Research Data Management
• Research Software (REDCap and JMP)
• HSRC Research Operation Support (LIMS, Asset Management etc.)
• HSRC Data Center Utilization
• Research Informatics Consultations
• Technical Advisory
• Web / App Development
Our Launched Projects:
Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is system that assists academic researchers as well as clinical researchers by providing them with functionalities and features to swiftly develop their own databases and online surveys. These databases, data entry forms, and surveys are in-built, easy to use tools for collecting data.
If you are PNU faculty, staff or student or KAAUH Staff you can request redcap account by send request to: email@example.com
JMP is a statistical discovery tool provided by SAS. JMP can help scientist and researcher to understand their data visually. Through converting these data into dynamic graphics.
You can get your JMP license by contacting UCC@pnu.edu.sa
The first comprehensive Arabic Health Measures database (AHM) which can assist users in their selection, access and appraisal of instruments. It also aims to increase the number of valid Arabic health measures by providing guidelines for translation and validation of instruments and opportunities to collaborate with other researchers to conduct such projects.
Lifestyle and Health Research Center Website
The Lifestyle and Health Research Center located in the Heath Science Research Center will focus on the health of children, adolescents and women, in line with the Vision of Saudi Arabia 2030. Using an interdisciplinary approach, the Lifestyle and Health Research Center seeks to fill the gap in local and regional research on the promotion of healthy lifestyle and disease prevention.
To visit Lifestyle and Health Research Center Website:(press here
Research Training Calendar Website
Research Training Calendar Website was founded to automate the registration process for the HSRC workshops, and programs. The website also provide full details about each workshop and program.
To visit the HSRC Research Training Calendar Website: (press here