Visit-based study system:
It is a system that allows the student to study some courses at another Saudi university (without withdrawing) when the student is exposed to circumstances that force her to move to another area (temporary period) or for other reasons.
Visit-based study system Admission Requirements:
1. The applicant must be a Saudi or from a Saudi mother
2. The applicant must not be academically warned, or on a (deregistration) status
3. Application must be submitted within the timelines announced on the University Calendar.
4. Taking prior approval of the visit request from the Deanship of Admission and Registration at PNU.
5. the study must be at a Saudi public university.
6. Compliance with deadlines set by the university calendar in case the student
Controls of selecting the courses to study under visit-based study system:
1. Courses are chosen within the curricula of the level at which the student studies or after it, according to the approved study plan
2. The courses proposed for the student under visit-based study system should meet the two conditions: to be as similar to the number of hours and as matching the content with a percentage not less than 75%.
3. The maximum number of study units' total score, which could be calculated from outside the PNU, is 25% of accredited hours of graduation requirements (two semesters).
4. Semesters under visit-based study system will be calculated within the student's
statutory academic period.
1. The grades of the courses studied by the student in the visiting system are not counted within her (GPA).
2. The visiting student grades are added as follow:
· Success without a grade (NP); If the student obtained a score of no less than (very Good) (C +).
· Failure without a degree (NF) if the student obtains from 60 to less than 75 grades.
· Failure (F); if the student obtains less than 60, and honors degree will be withheld
Procedures of applying to Visit-based Study System in PNU
A student wishing to join visit-based study system in another university will follow the next procedures:
1. Consulting her academic advisor in choosing the appropriate courses for her; According to the controls
2. To follow up with the university, in which she desires to study and prepare a copy of course description the student could study under visit-based study system. The copy should be stamped.
3. The student must make sure that these courses are offered in the required semester, by asking the college she would like to study in on the visit system. making inquiry in the college wherein she desires to study, under Visit-based study system.
4. Complete the visit application form, in which published on the Deanship of Admission and Registration website, in the Forms tab.
5. The application is submitted to the Equivalency Coordinator at the college, along
with a copy of her university ID card and the latest version of her academic record.
Procedures of Equivalence Coordinator in the college:
1. Complete the equivalency of courses as followed for students transferred from outside the university.
2. Fill out all the data in the application form (on the website).
3. Contact the student after completing the form, and provide the student with a copy of the application, after all fields are completed and stamped.
4. The coordinator sends the completed form via the official e-mail to the Deanship of Admission and Registration according to the dates announced in the university
Procedures for the Deanship of Admission and Registration:
1. The student will be referred to the university in which she wants to study with an official letter of the Deanship of Admission and Registration.
2. The student academic status will be registered in the academic system as (visiting student).
3. After examinations, the student will submit her results (official and sealed academic record), to the Deanship of Admission and Registration in PNU, before the end of the first week of the semester following her studying period as visiting student.
4. The officer in charge of visit-based study in the Deanship shall register the courses she studied under visit-based study system, as contained in the results, with applying the controls of the courses equivalence outside the university.
5. The monthly remuneration will be disbursed to the visiting student, if she is qualified for it, after submitting her results to the Deanship of Admission and Registration
1. If the student is unable to study for any circumstance, she must submit an excuse request (if she is entitled to it) from the Deanship of Admission and Registration at PNU.
2. The student informs the other university and evacuates her party according to the university's study system.
3. . The results of the dismissal will not be approved for the visiting student, and she is not entitled to equate the courses she studied as a visiting student if she does not obtain the approval of the Deanship of Admission and Registration at PNU.
4. If the student did not present her results to the Deanship of Admission and Registration after the first week of the semester start following the visit semester, the student will be considered as dropped out this semester, excluding the summer semesters; and she will be deregistered from the PNU.
For inquiries and contacts:
Phone 0118243480, 0118243477