Product Design Department is considered one of the sustainable development sources as it contributes to highlighting products on the local and global arena, in accordance with transformations in the local and global economy to achieve the Kingdom's Vision 2030. This is by preparing graduates who are academically qualified in the field of product design in order to meet the labor market requirements. Product Design Department aims at qualifying students to obtain comprehensive knowledge and be fully familiar with the required skills in the field of product design. As well as finding innovative solutions to keep pace with rapid developments in accordance with the latest technological programs to achieve competitiveness in the product design field, with balanced capabilities in leadership and working as a team in joint projects and initiatives.
Product Design Department also awards a bachelor's degree in Art and Design, with major in product design when the student completes eight semesters.
Excellence in designing innovative products that achieve competitiveness and contribute to building the knowledge economy.
Provide an academic program in product design that contributes to building the knowledge economy in order to achieve scientific and research excellence as well as environmental and societal development.
- 1. Provide an educational environment that plays a role in developing knowledge and skills in the field of product design.
- 2. Qualify designers who are capable of working with a high level of professionalism.
- 3. Support scientific research in the field of product design.
- 4. Achieve sustainable development to keep pace with modern technological developments in the field of product design.
- 5. Enhance faculty members' competences at the academic and research levels in line with the new developments.
- 6. Achieve constructive cooperation in product design field by activating community partnerships.