The Central Library manages a number of pisions, where each pision has its own tasks. It is also concerned with the management of the services provided in the Central Library building. It provides technical processing of resources centrally and provides traditional, scientific, research, knowledge, cultural and electronic services to meet the needs of the academic community inside and outside the University.
Services provided by the Central Library:
1. Introductory tours.
2. Search in the automated index.
3. Health service, guidance and mentoring.
4. Inquiries response service.
5. Internet service.
6. Electronic services.
7. Book retention service.
8. Books requesting service.
9. Borrowing service.
10. Research carrels service.
11. Classrooms and discussion service.
12. Photocopying and scanning service.
13. Ongoing briefing and selective transmission of information.
14. People with Special Needs Service.
15. Community Service.