Saudi Arabia offers university scholarships for non-Saudis for the purpose of spreading Islam, learning Arabic languages, sharing knowledge, and strengthening collaboration between Saudi Arabia and international countries together to better serve humanity.
In Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University, the Scholarship Administration, at the Deanship of Admission and Registration, is responsible for executing the sponsorship programs and ensuring their adherence to the sponsorship regulations for non-Saudis issued by Ministry of Education and endorsed by the Council of Ministers' Resolution Number (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G.
It is the seat granted for non-Saudi female student to study at Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University.
Types of Academic Scholarships:
• External scholarships for non-Saudi female students from abroad. Such student shall be sponsored by Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University.
• Internal scholarships for non-Saudi students residing in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with valid Residence Permit (Iqama).
General Scholarship Conditions:
The Saudi students' admission conditions apply to both internal and external scholarship students, as follows:
- The applicant must hold a valid Saudi iqama.
- The applicant must have taken the General Aptitude Test (GAT) and an Academic Achievement Test from the National Center for Assessment.
- The applicant must pay the tuition fees after the receiving the final acceptance, as per the following:
- A yearly amount of 14,000 SAR paid in 7000 SAR instalments per term for Humanities' majors.
- A yearly amount of 18,000 SAR paid in 9000 SAR instalments per term for Scientific majors.
- A yearly amount of 10,000 SAR paid in 5000 SAR instalments per term for Diploma of Science majors.
- A yearly amount of 8,000 SAR paid in 4000 SAR instalments per term for Diploma of Arts majors.
- The student is exempt from instalment of one term if she passes the first year with a GPA of 4.75 out of 5. She will be required, however, to pay the remaining terms instalments if she fails to maintain her GPA.
- The student is entitled for refund in case of withdrawal during the allowed period of withdrawal (not exceeding the third week of the term).
- The student is not required to pay for postponed terms.
- The university shall pause the student's schedule and conceal her results if the instalments are not received without prior notice.
- The student must inform the university in the case of withdrawal.
- The applicant must provide an approval of scholarship from the applicant's country, for countries that require such approval from Saudi students.
- The applicant's documentation must be equalized and verified at the Saudi Cultural Bureau in the applicant's country.
- The applicant must submit a clear criminal record.
The applicant must be accompanied by a mahram (male relative of first degree or husband) who is a scholarship student, has a valid iqama, or applies for work in Saudi Arabia.
The Required Admission Documentation for External Scholarship Students:
- A Saudi high school certificate or a translated, into Arabic, equalized and verified one at the Saudi Cultural Bureau in the applicant's country.
- Certificate of good conduct, if provided.
- The applicant's passport.
- The mahram's valid iqama card.
- A document of approval of scholarship from the applicant's country.
- A clear criminal record that dates back to minimum 5 months prior to the application date.
- A medical report confirming that the applicant is medically fit, that dates to maximum 3 months prior to the application date.
- Two recommendation letters from an authorized establishment in her home country.
Proof of relationship to the mahram issued from the applicant's embassy in Saudi Arabia or any formal institution in her home country. The document must indicate the name of mahram, iqama number, name of applicant, passport number, relationship type and in case the mahram is her husband, the marriage certificate will suffice.
The Required Admission Documentation for Internal Scholarship Students:
- A Saudi high school certificate or an equalized one by the Ministry of Education.
- The national iqama card of the applicant.
- The parent's iqama card.
- The applicant's passport.
A copy of the application for the Saudi Nationality issued by the Ministry of the Interior for the applicant from the displaced tribes.
* The original documents mentioned above must be presented after acceptance.
External Scholarship Benefits:
According to the sponsorship regulations for non-Saudis issued by Ministry of Education and endorsed by the Council of Ministers' Resolution Number (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G, all sponsorship students are granted the following benefits:
- Medical care during her scholarship period.
- An amount equal to two months stipends paid upon first entry.
- An amount equal to three months stipends paid upon graduation.
- The same benefits enjoyed by fellow students.
- Discounted meal plans.
- Housing as well as educational, social, cultural, and training care.
- Travel tickets as per the regulations, provided that no other institution issues one for her. In case the student has bought the ticket to come to Saudi Arabia, she will be reimbursed with the ticket amount provided that the amount does not exceed the ticket amount paid for other students coming from the same country.
The university issues the iqama for the student.
The application procedures for internal or external scholarship:
- The application submission is available during the announced application period through the university's website.
- The application is submitted online through a link provided in the announcement.
- All required documentations should be uploaded in a pdf or jpg formats.
- After a successful application submission, the applicant will be provided with an application number to follow up and edit her application.
After the end of application period, the Deanship of Admission and Registration will send the scholarship requests to the Ministry of Education and inform the students with the application results via e-mail or calls.
Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University's Admission Criteria:
Applications may be submitted for offered majors except for Health Colleges majors as per the decree number (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G from
|Scientific College||30% on high school degree, 50% on General Aptitude Test (GAT), and 20% on Academic Achievement Test.|
|Humanities||50% on high school degree, 40% on General Aptitude Test (GAT), and10% on Academic Achievement Test.|
|Community College|| |
Scholarship End Procedures:
According to the sponsorship regulations for non-Saudis issued by Ministry of Education and endorsed by the Council of Ministers' Resolution Number (94) dated 29/3/1431H- 15/03/2010 G:
Deanship of Admission and Registration- Scholarships Administration
Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University, AlNaris District
Gate Number 3
Parking Number PO5
Scholarships Administration Email: