The unit aims to empower students in the fields of research and innovation to qualify them to compete with high standards at the local and international levels, in order to contribute to the construction of the knowledge economy of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Objectives of the Unit:
1. Adopt the ideas of students and seek to develop the spirit of research and innovation in all fields of science.
2. Embrace, sponsor and help implement ideas through workshops and specialized courses.
3. Support innovators by refining and developing talents to develop the ideas and projects presented from one idea to a concrete product by enabling students to model their ideas after conceptualizing and studying them.
Functions of the Unit:
1. Prepare the necessary training packages to develop the students' research and innovative capabilities.
2. Support the students to develop their ideas and model them, as well as encouraging them to submit these insights to the competent bodies in the university, to turn them into a product of economic value.
3. Coordinate with the Patent Unit to develop training courses for students on the importance of inventions, and how to register them.
4. Instill the ethics of scientific research among university students.
5. Participation in exhibitions relative to student innovation.
You can contact the unit via email: ASSS-SIRU@PNU.EDU.SA