The Student Advisory Council is a group of students who are nominated and elected to represent students of Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University in a legitimate and authorized approach. The aim of the Council is to enhance and improve leadership skills in students and develop their contribution in decision making, which in turn will boost the academic process as well as the various services offered by the University. In addition, the Council is dedicated to achieving its objectives in accordance with the rules and regulations, provisions and laws applied at the University.
The Council’s Objectives:
1. Raising the awareness of patriotism.
2. Training students in leadership and decision-making.
3. Sustainable use of student capabilities, and building promising generations for the nation.
4. Empowering female students to achieve Kingdom Vision 2030 and sustainable development goals.
The Student Advisory Council consists of:
1. President of the Council.
A balance should be maintained between the number of council members, and the number of students who are registered in each college.
Nomination Conditions for Student Advisory Council Membership:
Any student who wishes to run for membership of the Council as (president, Vice-president, secretary, or a member) must meet the following conditions:
1. The student must be enrolled in bachelor or diploma program at the college she will run for.
2. The student must have been admitted to the University for two semesters.
3. The student shall have at least two semesters remaining before graduation.
4. She must be of good behavior and conduct, and has not undergone any disciplinary penalty.
5. Student’s cumulative GPA in the semester should not be less than 3.50 out of 5.00.
6. The student must have good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
7. Demonstrate active participation in extra-curricular student activities as well as voluntary work.
Every student registered at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University who meets the above conditions is entitled to run for elections of the Council.
The Executive Committee for electing members of Student Advisory Council:
The Dean of Student Affairs heads the Executive Committee for Student Advisory Council Elections. The committee is formed by a resolution of the President of the University upon a recommendation of Dean of Student Affairs at least three months before the scheduled date of election.
Controls of election for Student Advisory Council:
● Every single student registered at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University in the bachelor program is eligible to participate in the polling process.
● The voter shall not vote more than once in a single electoral constituency while delegation is not allowed.
Meetings of the Council:
● The Advisory Council shall hold its regular meetings once a month, while emergency session could be held if need be. The Secretary and President of the Council prepare for the meeting and invite members. All members must be invited to the meeting at least one week before the meeting for routine meetings and two days for urgent meetings. All meeting must include meeting agenda.
● The meeting of the Student Advisory Council will only be valid if two thirds of the members attend, and recommendations shall be issued by absolute majority, and if the votes are equal, the side of the President will prevail.
Duration of Student Advisory Council:
The Council term of office is two academic years. After this period, new elections should be held.
Roles and Powers of Student Advisory Council’s members:
● Represent the Council before the relevant bodies at the University.
● Plan and set Council meetings.
● Highlight the topics and issues to be discussed at the Council.
● Head meetings of the Council.
● Delegate assignments to members of the Council.
● Organize group activities and communicate effectively with members to find solutions to all issues.
● Approve and sign correspondence and documents issued by the Council after being approved by the Dean of Student Affairs.
● Formally appointed by the President in her absence and acts on her behalf.
● Help the President and execute the assignments assigned to her by the President of the Council.
● Send announcements of Council meetings.
● Present the subjects and matters to be discussed by the members to the President of the Council, and prepare the agenda of the Council according to the instructions of the President.
● Prepare, write and revise meeting minutes, follow-up of members' signatures on it, as well as organizing correspondence of the Council in special records.
● Collect correspondence delivered under name of the Council and keeping documents and instruments.
● Keep permanent records of the Council members' details, including schedules of meetings attendance and signing on them.
● Follow-up on recommendations of the Council after its approval by President of the University.
● Write the Council's financial report.
● Complete any other tasks assigned by President of the Council.
Members of the Council:
● Represent the college they are enrolled in officially and speak on behalf of its students in meetings.
● Join and participate actively in all meetings of the Council.
● Support programs and events throughout the campus.
● Present the topics and issues to the secretary, who in turn will submit it to the Council.
The University may offer rewards to the notable members of the Advisory Council at the end of each semester that are to be selected by the Dean of Student Affairs. The allowance shall not exceed SR (500) “five hundred Saudi Riyals per month”. However, the student may not combine between membership of the Council and Student Employment Program.
If you have any inquiries about the Student Advisory Council, please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com