Loans and Allowances in Students Fund
It is the body in charge of delivering financial funding to students in need to help them overcome their financial and personal problems in order to ensure their educational progress. This financial support includes:
● Cash allowance (urgent, lump sum, continuous).
● Cash loans (urgent, personal, for computer, for camera) and other educational devices.
Loans and Allowances in Students Fund:
Offering loans and allowances to students is one of the most important aims and expenses of Students Fund in accordance with the regulations governing students’ funds within the educational institutions issued by Higher Education Council’s Resolution No. 27/12/1423 AH. As Article (19) of these rules regulates the basic controls of disbursement from the Fund in case of loans and allowances as follows:
● Submit the application of the loan or allowance in the form assigned for its purpose.
● Investigate the student’s case and organize with the relevant official entities including the college and the department.
● Applications shall be submitted to the Board for consideration to determine the amount of the allowance or amount of the loan and the period of its repayment.
● The Board Chairman, in crucial cases, may approve disbursing an amount not more than SR (500) in case of allowance, and SR (1000) in case of loan, provided that the case is presented to the Board at the first session for their information.
● Cheques of allowances and loans issued but not collected after one month from the date of issuance must be cancelled, while cheques of lump sum and continuous allowances and lump sum loans which have not been collected after six months from the date of issuance, must be cancelled.
● The loan shall be repaid on time by deducting from the student's monthly remunerations, provided that the monthly deduction shall not exceed 40% of the monthly remunerations, unless the board determines otherwise.
● The student benefiting from this service shall not be terminated or cleared from the University until it is confirmed that she has repaid the full amount of the loan.
● After the Board’s approval and after the Chairman’s recommendation, the student may be exempted from repaying the outstanding amounts of the loan in extreme cases.
In order to attain the highest benefit and to assure the best distribution of financial funding offered by the program of loans and allowances in the Fund for all students in the same way, it was important to create thorough and comprehensive conditions for payment from the Fund at Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University as follows:
General conditions of loans and allowances:
● All students at the University can apply for a loan or an allowance, with the exception of University students whose monthly remunerations are not subject to deductions such as (internal scholarship students – internal scholarship with tuition fee students).
● The student applying for a loan or an allowance should not have had disciplinary action been made against her.
● An official social worker at the college where the student is studying must investigate the student’s loan or allowance application.
Terms and conditions of loans disbursement:
1. Student’s cumulative GPA in the semester should not be less than 3.00 out of 5.00.
2. The remaining period of the student at the University shall be adequate to repay the amount of the loan.
3. The student should not be enrolled in the University for less than one full semester.
4. The student's remuneration must be continuous.
5. The student must submit the application in person, and should not delegate others to do so.
6. If any previous loans exist, they must be repaid.
7. The student must submit all compulsory documents:
● Student’s University ID.
● Proof of identity (national ID card, family card, residence permit).
● Quotation of the required device stamped by the commercial institution in case of securing the educational device loan.
8. The student can apply and receive the loan only two times during her period of study at the University.
9. The student can receive a maximum payment of SR (6,000), taking into consideration the period of receiving the loan as well as proportion of repayment which is determined by the student and the remaining period for graduation from the University.
Terms and conditions of loans repayment:
1. The loan must be collected within one Hijri year and a half (18 University remunerations) as a maximum.
2. Deduction of the repayment installment starts from next month’s remuneration following disbursement of the loan.
Terms and Conditions for Loan Repayment Exemption Request:
The students could not be exempted from repaying the loan except for a resolution from the Board of Students Fund, and the following conditions shall apply:
1. The student should have paid 50% of the total amount of the loan to be exempted.
2. The monthly remunerations are suspended.
3. The student should submit the reasons for exemption and submit the supporting documents to the board.
1. The student must be a current student at the University at the time of the application for the allowance.
2. The student shall submit all compulsory documents:
● Submit student’s basic official documents (as the case may be):
o Family Card (number of family members: ………/ civil status card/status card of male brothers not mentioned in family card (Number of brothers: ……)/ Birth certificate for non-registered members in family card (their number: ………)/Passport/Residence for expatriates (number of residence permits mentioned: ………)
o University ID.
o Academic record (GPA ………).
o Proof of accommodation if there is a lease contract (valued at SR ………)
o Salary breakdown letter for (*father *mother *husband *brother) valued at SR ………
o Other proof documents if mentioned:
o Document of debt under official stamp (debt amount SR ………) (Name of the creditor: ………)
o Social Security Card (amount SR ………)
o Aids from charitable organizations (name of the organization ………; a copy of the organization’s card).
o Death certificate (Relationship: ………)
o Divorce certificate (a. Student; B. mother of the student).
o Dependent children document (number of children: ………).
o Certified Medical report with an official stamp (Reporting authority………), (the medical condition: ………).
o Means of transport, University transport or taxi (with amount of: ……… a month).
o Proof of unpaid utility bills, e.g. electricity, water, others; specify: ………
● Other proofs not mentioned above: ………
It is a monthly allowance for one semester (five successive months). It is a one-time maximum loan for students in need. Students who apply for it need to justify payment of such allowance as well as attaching supporting documents with case study.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The amount of the continuous allowance must be equal to the monthly remuneration as per the college of the student.
2. The student can apply and receive the loan only two times during her period of study at the University.
3. The student must attend the University on a regular basis at the beginning of each semester.
4. It is not allowed for students to combine continuous allowance with the University remuneration.
5. It is not permitted to combine a continuous allowance with lump sum allowance.
6. If the student's status was terminated by the University completely or temporarily, whether by graduation, dismissal, withdrawal or otherwise, payment of continuous allowance will be suspended.
7. If the student did not receive the allowance for two consecutive months, unless the student submits an acceptable excuse to be approved by Chairperson of the board, payment of continuous allowance will be suspended
Lump Sum Allowances:
It is an allowance that is paid to students as a lump sum to pay for the essential expenses that require offering support to continue her educational career.
Terms and Conditions:
1. This allowance is mainly intended to support the student only and does not cover expenses of the family.
2. The maximum amount of the lump sum allowance is SR 3,000 for Saudi students, while the resident student receives SR 2,000, unless under special cases determined otherwise by the board, provided that such amount does not exceed SR (6000) six thousand Saudi Riyals to be disbursed to the student during her study period at the University, in order to provide allowances to a large number of students.
3. A minimum of one Hijri year should have passed since the date of the last request for a lump sum or continuous allowance from which the student benefited.
4. The student must be a current student at the University at the time of applying for the allowance.
5. It is not allowed to combine a lump sum allowance with a continuous one throughout the period of continuous allowance disbursement.
6. In case lump sum application was for therapeutic purposes, a medical report must be submitted from a government hospital and certified by the University Health Center, as a proof for not obtaining treatment from other public and University hospitals.